Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Miss California

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Miss California

    God bless you, young lady! It's good to hear people that will stand up for their beliefs instead of being politically correct in this pansy-fied world we live in. If you didn't hear, her interview part of the pageant came in the form of the question "Do you think every state should follow suit of Vermont in allowing same-sex marriage?" Here is her answer:

    YouTube - Miss California Booed & Cheered For Same-Sex Marriage Answer.

    It's been all over the news today, how she blew her chance at the title with her "politically-uncorrect" answer. Like I said before, it's a breath of fresh air to see young people express their beliefs, even at the cost of personal gain. Miss California: My hero of the day!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost. Either way she's still as dumb as it gets.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    "And she still loses....."

    Well, that's why she lost. She spoke her mind and it cost her.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost. Either way she's still as dumb as it gets.

    Why is she as dumb as it gets? Because she doesn't agree with your view point?
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #5
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Quote Originally Posted by Burton13 View Post
    And she still loses. I don't think it cost her anything, she just lost.
    Miss California: Gay marriage answer cost me Miss USA crown
    BY ROBERT KAHN | [email protected]
    8:18 AM EDT, April 21, 2009

    Miss California says candor cost her the crown in Sunday's Miss USA competition.

    Carrie Prejean, 21, probably knew she was in trouble when she acknowledged her opposition to same-sex marriages in response to a question from openly gay judge Perez Hilton, the celebrity blogger.

    "In my country, and in my family, I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Prejean replied. Later, she lost to Miss North Carolina.

    "It did cost me my crown," Prejean, the first runner-up, said of her response, on Monday's " Billy Bush Show." "I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that's all I can do."

    In an appearance Monday on MSNBC, Hilton said he was absolutely "shocked and incredibly frustrated and disappointed" with Prejean's stance.

    "That's not the kind of woman I want to be Miss USA," he said. "Miss USA should represent all Americans and, with her answer, she instantly alienated millions of gays and lesbians and their friends."

    Earlier, Hilton had said on his video blog he would have run onstage and ripped the tiara off Prejean's head had she won the title.

    And the blogger would not have been the only member of the Miss USA family to go apoplectic had Prejean advanced in the competition. Keith Lewis, executive director of California's Miss USA operations, said in a statement released to Hilton that "religious beliefs have no place in politics in the Miss CA family."

    Prejean Monday said she was raised in a way that you can never compromise your beliefs and your opinions for anything.

    "It is a very touchy subject and [Hilton] is a homosexual and I see where he was coming from and I see the audience would've wanted me to be more politically correct," she added.

    Prejean said she has received 2,000 friend requests on Facebook since the weekend controversy began unfolding.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Why'd it cost her? Pretty sure he was the only gay judge and pretty sure she didn't even answer the question.


    And I never said she was dumb for believing that, I just think she's dumb period.

    "I'm so glad we live in a land where we have the choice of same sex marriage and "opposite marriage".

    That's why.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    UH- OH!! HERE WE GO!! She spoke her mind and the liberal "judges" if you can call them "judge" voted her out. Seriously, how can Perez Hylton judge any beauty contest unless it is for drag queens?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    I bet burton 13 thinks ol Perez is hot.....
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    THUMBS UP for Miss California
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miss California

    Ha! This isn't the damn Supreme Court and no one can sit here and say they know she lost because she said that. Like I said, she didn't even answer the question. He asked if she thought the states should follow the others and legalize it, not if she was for it or not. She could have easily said "Though I do not support gay marriage, it's for the states to decide." That's making your little statement and answering the question at hand. This is the real world, you make your statement after you win..you don't blame it all on a theory of why you think you lost. She gets her 15 minutes, but no crown or money. If anyone seen Miss NC who won, you'd see why she did...just as gorgeous.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •